Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wood Louver Wainscoting

My go-to lumber warehouse has been giving away reclaimed wood louvers for free. I brought a small tote bag full home one day and let it sit in my garage for a rainy day project, or until the louvers "spoke to me" and told me what they wanted to be.

I stumbled across Chris Loves Julia's post, "Our Dark DIYed Wainscoting Reveal" and knew what those wood louvers would finally become: inexpensive wainscoting!

Reclaimed Wood Louver Wainscoting

Using reclaimed wood louvers, construction adhesive, leftover paint, and some wall repair supplies, it cost me $14 in new purchases to add drama to our Garage Entryway Mudroom. $50 - $14 = $36 left of my mudroom budget.
Wood materials icon
  • Wood Louvers ($0)
  • 32 oz. Spackle ($7)
  • Putty knife ($7)
Saw icon
  • Caulk gun (already owned)
  • Construction adhesive (already owned)
  • Leftover paint and painting supplies (paint brush) (already owned)

Numbered Process

1 – Clean the wall
See these steps in Portable Document Format (.pdf)

Wood Louver Wainscoting Progress

I love our new moody entry wall. It's the first thing I see when I open the door, a foreshadow of our up-stairs style. :) Did you notice how that interior door got dressed up along side our wainscoting wall? That simple tutorial is coming up next! :)

May 2014
mudroom
projects




4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Very easy to follow. The entryway is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. :) I always get excited to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is awesome, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Manda. :) So glad they give away the louvers for free. I have so many plans for them.

      Delete

Let's start a conversation. Seeing comments makes me want to do a jig. I love hearing from you, so please remember to leave your mark here. :)