Monday, April 15, 2013

Kitchen Move in

We've lived in our renovation zone for a week now and the kitchen and living room are a mess of supplies and unfinished projects.

I'm using my free time to work on a laundry list of tasks, none of them complete yet: simple kitchen ledge shelving, stainless steel tile backsplash, reclaimed wood coffee table, squared 2 dining chair number 2, and trying to manage the mess of unorganized belongings.

This is the rough patch -- not getting something done every week, but seeing how it lingers and stares back at me, unfinished, still a thing to do.  And while I love my husband and I know he means well, he's buying things everyday to add to what we "need," but there are no places for these "needs" yet.

Anyway, here are some photos of progress; even though nothing has been done, we're just steps away from having a functional and organized kitchen and living room.

The kitchen in progress: mess and all!  We're hoping doors and drawers will be done next weekend.  I can't wait to start organizing the space once all the tools get put away.
Stainless steel back splash and ledge shelving: literally a few steps away from completion.
The cut reclaimed lumber for our coffee tabletop and our daughter checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation. Seeing comments makes me want to do a jig. I love hearing from you, so please remember to leave your mark here. :)